- Sanitation / Landfill
Sanitation / Landfill
The City provides a variety of solid waste collection services to the community, including:
- Weekly residential trash pick-up
- Commercial dumpster
- Roll-off container services
- Curbside Pickup Services
The City of Sallisaw uses a side load sanitation truck for running most sanitation routes in the city. To properly place your trash container on the curb for pickup we ask that the following guidance be followed:
- Polycarts must be placed within 2 to 3 feet of the edge of the street with the lid opening facing the street, wheels away from the street.
- All trash must be bagged and must be contained in the polycart so that the lid can close properly. No additional trash on top of the lid, or next to the polycart.
- If there are two (2) or more polycarts, they must be placed at least two (2) feet apart.
- If you find that you need an additional polycart(s), the charge for each additional is $6.00 per month. You may request a second polycart, or more, by contacting customer service at (918)775-6241.
- Do not place polycarts next to fire hydrants, gas meters, or next to any obstructions such as parked cars, mailboxes, trees, or basketball goals. If you have a question about placement of your polycart, please contact the Sanitation Superintendent and he will schedule a time to come and visit with you on site.
- Polycarts must be placed curbside by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- All empty polycarts must be removed from the curb within 24 hours.
The City operates the Sallisaw Municipal Landfill, which is located two miles east of Sallisaw on Highway 64.